This is my story around two and half years ago where in I was working as an IITian in one of the reputed multi-national companies in Mumbai. I had all that was to be considered as a high bulletin- A higher management degree from renowned institutes of the world, a high profile career with reputed MNC firm with a good salary package.
Yet, there was something that had triggered my mind to withdraw from this rewarding career in fact made my mind to get into a quieter job. Do you know why? The reason was the ‘killer stress’.
Yes, I was completely dumped into a pool of workplace stress what you can call rather that gave me a niggling feeling of not having my life experience fully. My early morning as well started with the bag of key issues which dealing made me completely off. As days passed on I started to behave too rudely barging with or sometimes even get too easy with my colleagues for unknown reasons. I just asked one thing to myself – how much stress you do not want your life to experience? Then, there I had plentiful of tips to help me how to Relieve Stress.
First, identify what is causing the Stress
Stress is an inevitable part of our lives, but this doesn’t mean that you can ignore it. Do you know even too much of untreated stress causes potentially serious problems related to physical as well as mental health? Know what causes it.
- Traumatic life events or the death of a loved one
- Fear of losing a job
- Chronic illnesses
- Family or workplace issues
- Emotional distress such as Anxiety, depression, low self-esteem.
Know the Simple & Effective ways of how to relieve Stress
Do not overwhelm with anxiety, because stress is manageable! Yes, the below strategies and techniques can help you in relieving stress.
- Cultivate the habit of regular exercising-
Aerobic exercises and activities raise your heart rate and help you to take a break and move away from stressful situations of life. It is one of the effective ways to lift your mood, sharpen focus, increase energy, and relax your mind and body.
- Develop healthy food habits–
Reduce the intake of foods that adversely affect your moods, such as the alcohol, caffeine, and foods containing higher chemical preservatives or hormones. Consume foods that are rich in carbs and proteins.
- Improve the quality of your sleep–
Sleep difficulties such as insomnia can also contribute to the development of stress. Try to get the right amount of best sleep if you are wanting to stay away from stress.
- Have a Work-life Balance–
A no work-life balance causes a lot of distress in social as well as personal life. Try to make a balance between your work-life and family life, daily responsibilities and social activities.
Mindfulness-based stress reduction techniques are one kind of meditation that can help you to manage stress and learn how to cope with it.
If the above simple tips doesn’t help you in getting rid of stress, them there do exist some of the treatment methods that can help you in overcoming it.
Treatment Methods for Relieving Stress–
Some of the treatment methods that help to know the worst cause of the problem and help in getting the right measure for stress include-
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for stress– This is a treatment focussed therapy. This therapy works on specific goals on replacing the negative ways of living that are causing stress with the things that can work well for a better life.
- Meditation and Yoga– Meditation-based stress reducing programs are often recommended to alleviate stress. Yoga and meditation address physical, intellectual, mental, emotional as well as spiritual dimensions to an overall peaceful state of being.
- Acupressure– Techniques such as Acupressure are widely practiced internationally for wellness promotion, relaxation for stress, and as well for the treatment of different health conditions.
- Laughter & Sleep Therapy– Sleep and laugh are the natural methods that can relieve stress. Therapies such as laughter and sleep therapy works good in relieving stress.
If in case you or someone you know is running out of stress issues, it is advisable you get them treated from psychiatrists or a counselor. Though stress can be managed but should not be neglected. Know more about stress, symptoms of stress, and the best treatment facility for the same by visiting at www.cadabamshospitals.com or call us @+91 97414 76476 to talk or book an appointment with our best psychiatrist or psychologist to help you deal with stress.