Nothing is worth your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear
- Steve Maraboli
What is Mental Well-being?
“The feeling of comfort and being accomplished both mentally and physically is simply known as well-being”
Mental well-being is a state where the individual understands the own potential, capabilities, limitations, and most importantly how to smoothen the stress factors of life Some of the factors that influence well-being are,
- Close friends network
- Enough money
- Routine exercise
- Hygienic foods
- Increased self-esteem
- Spiritual belief
- Right amount of sleep
- The mentality to accept change
Role of stress at workplace:
Stress is an absolute natural call. Unlike other factors stress might be taken more personal when it comes to working place. Click here to know more about How to deal with stress at workplace. Handling stress is all about knowing the triggering factors which make you feel low. Such kind of factors that influence stress are,
low-income, high workloads, lack of opportunity, lack of work challenge, routine work, uncleared target, and having low command-oriented performance.
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.”
– William James
How to Achieve Mental Wellbeing:
Make a connection: Humans are nothing but social animals. The relationship builds self-worth and sense of belongingness. Both researchers and evidence show that good relationship with friends and families plays a huge part in mental wellbeing. Building a strong connection makes the individual feel happier and
- Spend more time with your family as much as possible
- Make a schedule for friends who you haven’t seen for a long time
- Isolate yourself from the electronic gadgets and play some outdoor sports
- Have lunch with the teammates (colleagues)
- Meet new peoples frequently
Active exercise: There is no doubt that physical activity gives the complete control over the body and mind. For this factor, it doesn’t mean that the individual has to spend more time in a gym. Try to figure out the activity that you might enjoy and try to fit it in an idea of how can it be carried out in a daily routine
- Walking is the most common active exercise. At least take 45 min of walk daily
- Swimming can be more effective than walking
- Don’t use the lift at working place or home instead consider stairs
- Cycling can be a good option, take a ride and be fit
- Try some music and dance if you are interested
Upgrade your Knowledge now and then: Feeling new level of confidence and sense of achievement can be grabbed by learning new things. The individuals who tend to learn more hold the ability to cope with stress. Learning involves
- Cultivate new hobbies which you are good with.
- Take new responsibility at workplace
- Take some courses which you can learn and excel.
- Cultivate the habit of reading books
- Try to cook your favorite dishes
Give love to everyone: Be kind to all for no reason. It could be a small thank you or a good morning can make you feel satisfied. You can also go and volunteer the local community which can make more satisfied and have a sense of purpose.
- Just call your friends and relatives who needs support and company
- Make a habit of wishing everyone at the office and house
- If you see any stranger struggling to push car or pushchair go and help voluntarily
- Arrange a day out with friends and talk about old good days
- Go to your old school and meet your old teachers and have a chat
Mindful: Including the thoughts and feelings, beware of the present moment. This habit of mindfulness makes life more precise and positive towards the approach of well-being.
- Don’t tie yourself to past or future
- Be conscious of what you do in both personal and professional life
- Disengage and take a minute of silence when tension is at peak
- Listen to everything
- Make meditation as a habit
For professional advice and counseling on mental well- being and for the long-term recovery, all you need to do is to visit www.cadabamshospitals.com or reach us @ +91 9741476476. Because we care for your recovery.