Social phobia treatment is designed to help folks handle their anxiety in social circumstances and live a joyful and productive life.
What is Social Phobia?
Social phobia is a recurrent and chronic fear or dread of any social setting where one is subject to observation and possible judgment by others. Everybody feels nervous around others sometimes, however, for those with social phobia, the nervousness can become quite debilitating.
Social Phobia Symptoms
The social phobic person may feel that any behavior or actions undertaken on their part will lead to embarrassment or negative opinions by the other people around them. This makes it hard for that person to do normal everyday social activities.
Somebody with a social phobia will have problems with-
- Making friends, dating, going to social events
- Eating at restaurants
- Making phone calls.
- Performing at work
- Visiting parties
- Meeting new people
- Business networking
- Or just going out of the house.
Needless to say, social phobia diminishes the quality of life greatly. These folks have difficulty with social situations that other individuals have not a problem with each day. Their lives will become tiny and lonely as they avoid places that can cause them anxiety. This is often when its a good plan to get social phobia treatment.
Treatment of Social Phobia
- Medications: Medication has been one of the cornerstones to attempt to treat this disease, with a range of results from noticeably reduced symptoms. Though treatment through medication tends to work well it actually produces results, it tends to cause other issues when it is not effective. Some of the commonly reported side effects include muscle aches, nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, memory loss, sexual dysfunction, and a loss of ability to feel emotion.
Since the positive or negative effects of medications depend on the individual person, you should have a talk with your mental health care or a doctor before you undertake this course of social phobia treatment.
- Behavioral therapy: The good news is, there are less risky ways to treat social phobia these days as well. Behavior therapy is one such way. The aim, in this case, is to intercept and modify undesired behavior. The patient with social anxiety gradually learns to deal with settings that are initially hard to handle. Over time, the patient undergoes many “baby steps” and gains a sense of real control over their lives.
Though it can be uncomfortable at times, behavior therapy has been shown to be effective, especially in conjunction with a step-by-step course to follow.
- CBT ( Cognitive-behavioral therapy): Cognitive therapy is often closely related to behavior therapy. The aim, in this case, is to reduce or alter a negative mindset. The person gradually learns to recognize thoughts that are grounded in reality from those that occur because of negative self-talk. Just like in behavior therapy, the patient takes active control of his or her own treatment.
A combination of behavior and cognitive therapy is known as cognitive-behavior therapy, or CBT, and is one of the most effective social phobia treatments available today.
- Biofeedback Therapy– This therapy promotes relaxation relieving a number of conditions relating to stress and phobia. It harnesses the power of mind and lets you become aware of what is going on inside your mind and body.
- Group Therapy– Group therapy consists of a small group of people with social phobia. Under the guidance of a therapist, you will learn as well as practice some techniques to overcome social phobia.
There are alternative treatment options for social anxiety as well. Meditation techniques are some of these options offered. However, their effectiveness has yet to be determined scientifically. Be sure to take care when exploring these options so you don’t waste your time.
If you have social phobia and are attempting to seek treatment, know that social phobia is a highly treatable disorder. You can get immediate help, and start taking steps right away to beat this disorder. Self-help is also a very viable option — you can start helping yourself by undertaking treatments such as cognitive or behavior therapy by consulting a mental health professional or a therapist.
Avail Best Social Phobia Treatment plan in Bangalore
Fortunately, nobody must suffer from social anxiety and live lonely, painful lives because today there’s very effective methods of social phobia treatment.
If you or somebody you know suffers from social phobia or an anxiety disorder, there is a proven social anxiety treatment program. It teaches an easy technique to quickly stop panic attacks and avoid future attacks along with eliminating chronic anxiety and phobias.
Overcome your social phobia today by simply making a call to us at 9741476476 or reach us at Cadabam’s Hospitals. Many socially phobic people have improved tremendously through social phobia treatment, even in debilitating and severe cases, and so can you. Don’t delay; seek treatment and make changes for the better in your life today.