Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
At Cadabam’s Hospitals a specialist in Psychiatry and Neurology we consider the biological, psychological, and social factors in working with patients. The hospital does a detailed diagnostic examination to evaluate the current problems with due attention to physical, genetic developmental, emotional, cognitive, educational, family, peer, and social components.
Cadabam’s Hospitals a specialist in Psychiatry and Neurology has integrated holistic approach in treating the problems of child and adolescent which is not limited to individual or family psychotherapy, medication and psycho social interventions.
As in Paedicatrics here as well it is the parents and teachers who first recognize the problems.
Following are a few signs which may indicate that a child and adolescent psychiatric evaluation will be useful.
- Marked fall in school performance
- Poor grades in school despite trying very hard
- Severe worry or anxiety, as shown by regular refusal to go to school, go to sleep or take part in activities that are normal for the child's age
- Frequent physical complaints
- Hyperactivity; fidgeting; constant movement beyond regular laying with or without difficulty paying attention
- Persistent nightmares
- Persistent disobedience or aggression (longer than 6 months) and provocative opposition to authority figures
- Frequent, unexplainable temper tantrums
- Threatens to harm or kill oneself
Pre-Adolescents and Adolescents
- Marked decline in school performance
- Inability to cope with problems and daily activities
- Marked changes in sleeping and/or eating habits
- Extreme difficulties in concentrating that get in the way at school or at home
- Sexual acting out
- Depression shown by sustained, prolonged negative mood and attitude, often accompanied by poor appetite, difficulty sleeping or thoughts of death
- Severe mood swings
- Strong worries or anxieties that get in the way of daily life, such as at school or socializing
- Repeated use of alcohol and/or drugs
The wing of Child and Adolescent psychiatry has a greatly knit support of psychologists who will manage all the assessments and psychosocial support needed for the child or adolescent and the family.
Some of the sub-specialties include:
- Abnormal child psychology: Treating children suffering from psychological disorders including anxiety, mood and personality disorders, emotional disorders such as phobias, disruptive behaviors, bedwetting, separation anxiety
- Adolescent psychology: Adolescent clients between the ages of 12 and 18 who suffer from psychological illness or distress including eating disorders, depression or anxiety, teenage coping issues and anti social behavior
- Developmental psychology: Study of childhood development in various spheres such as that of cognitive development and psychosocial development
- Behavioral medicine: It is the science of changing behavior for a more positive, healthy & happy life. It addresses disruptive behaviors, attention seeking behaviors to be changed into more positive and better behavioral habits
A few of the typical tasks our child psychologist conducts may include:
- Diagnosing and treating learning or developmental disabilities
- Behavior modification
- Administering psychological tests
- Conducting scientific research on childhood development
- Working with a health care team to create a unique treatment plan for a client
Whatever your requirement for the betterment of your child’s mental, emotional and psychological wellbeing, please do contact us.
Article Related to child psychologist in Bangalore
At Cadabam’s Hospitals a specialist in Psychiatry and Neurology we consider the biological, psychological……
At Cadabam’s Hospitals a specialist in Psychiatry and Neurology we consider the biological, psychological …..
My child is full of energy, so active. He doesn’t sit in one place. I first thought that he was like that only, until…….