How effective is Counselling for Autism?
Counselling is effective in helping an individual with autism with their emotional well-being as well as learning essential behavioural life skills.
What are the benefits of Counselling for Autism?
The benefits of Counselling for autism include –
- Learning essential skills such as maintaining personal hygiene, forming social connections, communication skills, etc.
- Enhancing independent living skills which include counting money, using public transportation, being able to understand signposts, etc.
- Identifying and helping overcome any mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.
- Setting and achieving goals in the short term and long term.
- Building and advancing towards a career path as well as connecting the individual to vocational rehabilitation and other resources for job support that help them with career guidance, job training, and interview skills.
How many numbers of sessions are required?
The number of sessions differs for each individual with autism and depends on how many are required for them to learn to adjust well to their environment and overcome any emotional distress. Therapy can also be continued long-term for continued emotional wellness and learning to adapt to different life situations that come along.