Is DBT a type of family therapy?
DBT family treatments include multi-family skill training interventions. This is similar to individual DBT skills training, but it includes family members and focuses on the family environment.
What are the advantages of Family Therapy:
- Improved communication skills may benefit you and your family from family therapy.
- providing skills for dealing with difficult situations
- providing new insight and comprehension
- identifying areas of contention within the family
- providing conflict resolution strategies
- Relationships are being improved and strengthened.