How effective is CBT for Relationship Issues?
CBT is effective in improving various aspects of a relationship necessary for it to flourish such as intimacy, trust, empathy, communication, and expressed affection. It also helps couples identify and replace the negative thoughts, beliefs, feelings, and behaviours that are detrimental to their relationship with healthier and more constructive alternatives.
What are the benefits of CBT for Relationship Issues?
There are various benefits of CBT for relationship issues such as –
- It helps identify avoidance and escape behaviours in relationships to change them,
- It helps identify and challenge the negative automatic thoughts that are detrimental,
- It helps each individual become a better partner by improving mood, sleep, and decreasing negative habits/ behaviours such as alcohol use,
- It helps the couple set and achieve goals for their relationship,
- It helps the couple enhance their communication, trust, intimacy, empathy, and expressed affection that overall enhances their relationship strength,
- It helps couples find common solutions to address unsolved relationship conflicts.
How many numbers of sessions are required?
The number of sessions required differs for each couple depending on the kind of problems they face, different goals, as well as their response to the therapy sessions.