How effective is Group Therapy for SLD?
Group therapy is effective for children and adolescents with SLD in equipping them with strategies that enhance their academic learning, self-concept, emotional well-being, and social skills.
What are the benefits of Group Therapy for SLD?
The benefits of group therapy for children and adolescents with SLD include –
- It helps them realize they are not alone and feel less isolated,
- It helps them develop their social skills and form connections with others,
- It provides them an opportunity to be able to contribute to others meaningfully,
- It allows them to hear words of encouragement from others,
- It equips them with strategies to cope academically and with their daily stressors,
- It allows them to make and reward small steps of progress.
How long are the group sessions?
The sessions may last for 1-2 hours and can be conducted on either once or twice a week, or fortnightly.