How effective is Counselling for Alcohol Addiction?
Counselling can be very effecting in treating alcohol addiction as it helps identify triggers and develop means of coping with them that reduces chances of relapses.
What are the benefits of Counselling for Alcohol Addiction?
There are numerous benefits of counselling for alcohol addiction. A counsellor can help you –
- Educate on techniques that help sustain recovery
- Identify factors that contribute to your alcohol use
- Identify emotional triggers that enhance alcohol dependence and ways to deal with them
- Develop a structured plan that aids your recovery
- Assess your progress and encourage you to succeed.
How many numbers of sessions are required?
It depends on your condition and various other factors such as readiness to abstain from alcohol, and would be variable from individual to individual.