Table of Content
Look around you… how many do you know do not drink?? Well in higher probabilities you may know more people who drink than who don’t!! However, let’s look at when does drinking get alarming.
The statistics of alcohol consumption in India is alarming and a matter of concern. Alcohol consumption in India is up by 55% over the past 20 years. And what is more alarming is that the young are initiating to alcohol much earlier, and more women are indulging in hazardous and binge drinking.
Do you think you are an alcoholic? Lets look at four simple yet effective questions:
- In the last three months, have you felt you should cut down or stop drinking and/or using drugs? Yes or No
- In the last three months, has anyone annoyed your, or gotten on your nerves by telling you to cut down or stop drinking or using drugs? Yes or No
- In the last three months, have you felt guilty or bad about how much you drink or use? Yes or No
- In the last three months have you been waking up wanting to have an alcoholic drink or use drugs? Yes or No
These four simple questions have been thought and carved out very carefully. They compose to be very important building blocks of addiction. Each affirmative response earns one point. Yes = 1 point
For the above questions, one point indicates a possible problem. Two points indicate a probable problem. The most important criteria is to answer honestly. And if you have congratulations, you have passed the denial test. Most of the alcoholics find it hard to accept that they do have a drinking problem.
Get help before it’s late… Know that your family & loved ones suffer with you. Reach CADABAMS for Alcohol withdrawal treatment
How Cadabam's Help you for Addiction?
- 410+ Professional Consultants
- 1,00,00+ Happy Faces
- 120+ Currently Seeking Treatments