How effective is Counselling for Anxiety?
Counselling is effective for anxiety in helping the individual change their negative thought patterns and change undesired behaviours that fuel anxiety as well as learn techniques to cope with the symptoms of anxiety, thereby reducing it.
What are the benefits of Counselling for Anxiety?
There are many benefits of considering counselling for the treatment of anxiety.
- Counsellors provide a safe and non-judgemental space to talk about anxiety and other issues related to anxiety.
- Counsellors are trained in helping you pinpoint the thoughts and behaviours that contribute to your anxiety, in order to change them to reduce it.
- Counsellors can help equip the person with anxiety with various tools and techniques that help them manage their anxiety.
- Counsellors help you regain self-confidence and belief in your capabilities as well as your self-efficacy to overcome your anxiety.
- Counsellors can help you set and achieve goals not only to overcome anxiety but also make progress towards creating your dream life.
How many numbers of sessions are required?
The number of sessions depends on the severity of the individual’s anxiety as well as how many sessions they require for learning to overcome the thoughts and behaviours that fuel their anxiety.