[caption id="attachment_1424" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Post Traumatic event Stress Disorder Test.[/caption]
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a mental disorder that an individual experiences post the occurrence following the experience or witnessing of a traumatic event/s like military combat, terrorist incidents, natural disasters, physical or sexual assault in adult or childhood, serious accidents, etc.
Survivors of traumatic event/s tend to carry a baggage of unpleasant effects post they get back to normalcy. These stress reactions can be so very distressing that they end up affecting the individual’s work, personal and social areas of living. These reactions sometimes do not go away with time but may worsen over time. This symptoms end up causing the development of PTSD.
A range of distressing experiences are encountered; to help you figure if you need to seek professional help take the test below to understand if you suffer from PTSD or not .Following are some questions; if you seem to have scored maximum ‘yes’, seeking treatment will help you alleviate from the distress.
- Have you been exposed to or experienced or a traumatic event?
- In that traumatic event did you experience intense helplessness, fear and/or horror?
- Have you experienced intrusive images or thoughts about the traumatic event?
- Do you experience moments where in you feel like you are re-living the event?
- Do you experience recurrent nightmares about the traumatic event?
- Do you experience any physiological and/or emotional distress when you remember of the traumatic event, probably triggered when thought about or when you see something of the traumatic event?
- Does avoiding feelings, thoughts, or conversations concerning about the traumatic event make you feel better?
- Does avoiding activities, places or people, concerning the traumatic event make you feel better?
- Do you find it hard to remember details about the traumatic event?
- Post the traumatic event has your interest reduced in activities that you previously enjoyed?
- Post the traumatic event do you find it difficult to trust people or connect with them?
- Post the traumatic event do you find it difficult to regulate experience or show emotions?
- Are you negative about your future, post the traumatic event?
- Post the traumatic do you experience sleep disturbances?
- Post the traumatic event, do you experience irritability or have an outburst of anger?
- Post the traumatic event do you have issues with concentration?
- Post the traumatic event occurred do you feel guilty because others died or were hurt during the event but you survived?
- Post the traumatic event; do you startled or jumpy easily?
- Post the traumatic event are you often hyper vigilant?
- Has it been a month since you have experienced the above experiences?
- Do these symptoms interfere with your work, personal or social activities?
If you did score out on maximum ‘Yes’ this is what should be your necessary steps to combat this distress:
- Fix an appointment to meet up with a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist.
- Share with a trusted friend or family member/s about your condition; this is extremely important as you do need all the support and understanding that you can get.
- Learn about PTSD and understand what you are experiencing.
- You are not alone, connect with other survivors.
Remember you are not alone and you don’t have to go through it by yourself. The right kind of support is available. All you need to do is reach out. Call us now on +919741476476.