Therapy is one of the effective solutions to treat a wide range of mental disorders. But not many feel comfortable enough to talk to professionals about their worries. This is due to the lack of awareness that people have about therapy and its effectiveness. When you select the right therapist, it can do wonders for your mental health. The relationship between a patient and therapist is what determines the effectiveness of the treatment.
At Cadabam’s Hospitals, you will be associating with experienced professionals who have been treating mental disorders for a long period of time. People with mental disorders are highly sensitive and vulnerable; however, doctors at the center have been trained to deal with them in a humble and effective manner. There is a strong multi-specialty team that includes psychotherapists, family therapists, counselors, physicians, and other specialists, that together work to formulate a comprehensive and personalized care treatment for you. To get the best treatment for psychiatric issues, make an appointment today by calling at +91 97414 76476 or emailing at email@example.com.
What Questions do You Need To Ask Your Psychologist?
In psychotherapy, both the individual suffering and the psychologist work together to find a solution for their problem. It is an effort you make that could bring change to your life and make it better. Psychotherapy helps you understand the cause of your distress and equips you with ways to overcome them or deal with them in a healthy manner. It is very important and thus being more aware about it is essential.
Here are a few psychologist questions that you can ask your psychologist when you are undergoing therapy to make it easier and effective:
- What is the whole plan? – Asking about the whole plan can give you a bigger picture of how the therapy is going to work. This will make you mentally prepared for it beforehand.
- Are there alternatives? – If you feel uncomfortable about the treatment plan presented, ask for other alternatives. If the presented plan does not work, you will at least know that there are other ways to address the issue. So, do include this in your psychologist questions and answers list. Be clear on all the treatment options available for you.
- How many sessions will the therapy take? - Knowing about the number of sessions and timings will help you organize your activities accordingly. The number of sessions will also allow you to prepare for the kind of commitment needed.
- Will the therapy work if I take a longer break between sessions? – Many reschedule sessions ignoring the fact that it would affect the treatment process. So it is better to confirm how long gaps you can have between sessions that won't affect the process.
- What will happen if I discontinue in between? – Unexpected situations may arise wherein you will need to discontinue, such as financial loss, personal commitments, among others. Knowing about how it may affect your treatment would help you be prepared for it.
- When can I see improvement? – This is perhaps one of the most important clinical psychologist questions. Knowing when to expect change will not only give you hope but will also assure whether the therapy is working or not.
- Is there any particular activity I should avoid? – This will only help you make the process effective.
- Are there any limitations to this therapy? – Knowing about limitations will make you prepare for it. You can also discuss the ways to cope with the limitations.
- Who else will know about my situation? – It is important to ask about their confidentiality protocol as different places may have different protocols.
- Can I contact you personally if there is an emergency or after the sessions are over? – This may differ from a psychologist to another. Some may offer to help, and some may not. It is anyways better to confirm so that when you need help, you can immediately call for help or seek help from others.
- What licenses and certifications do the therapists hold? - Licenses and certifications verify that the therapist has followed the required training procedure and has the right skills to carry out your treatment. Associating with a licensed and certified therapist will ensure that you get better care.
- What approach will you take to treat my concerns? - At first, you have to describe your issue to the therapist, typically by explaining the symptoms. Thereon, you would expect the doctor to come up with a treatment plan. The therapist should be able to thoroughly describe his or her process in a way that you understand.
- What will therapy sessions be like?- Some types of therapy are greatly structured that includes homework and skill training. On the other hand, other types are more flexible and supportive. So before going into therapy, you should talk to the therapist and understand the core nature of the therapy and what you can expect from the sessions.
- Will you follow my lead or lead the session yourself? - An important thing to figure out is whether the therapist is directive or non-directive. Some therapists have already planned how the session will go before you even arrive at the office. On the other hand, some therapists wait for you to plan the session with topics that you want to discuss during the session. Both approaches have their benefits, and it is a matter of personal choice.
- What are your core strengths as a therapist? - By asking this, you are allowing the therapist to talk about the aspects that they think are their strongest attributes. At the same time, you are asking them to highlight what qualities do they think are important for a therapist to possess.
These are 15 questions to ask a psychologist and be more confident in seeking professional help.
Why Choose Cadabam’s Hospitals?
The experience of a healthcare center speaks volumes about the quality of the treatment that it provides. Cadabam’s Hospital has been serving people with exceptional care treatments related to psychiatric and behavioural health . The center has a dedicated team of psychiatrists, therapists, psychologists, counselors, family therapists and physicians who collaborate together to form a comprehensive, evidence-based and personalized treatment plan for you.
From ADHD, anxiety, depression to parental postpartum depression, behavioral disorders, and sleep apnea, the medical services offered at Cadabam’s Hospitals is extensive. Since its inception, the center has treated more than 1 lakh patients with different mental illnesses. To get more details about the services offered by the hospital, get in touch with the team. Call us at +91 97414 76476, +91 7353226622 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.