Holi is almost there and no doubt it is the festival of spirit and colours in India. For most of the people, it is incomplete without Bhang. So We simply call it the festival of 'Rang Aur bhang' in Hindi. But there is something beyond you should know about what is Bhang actually is, what it does to you and how it can lead to Bhang Addiction.
What is Bhang?
Bhang is the preparation made from the Cannabis sativa plant, that is usually used in the food and drinks during Holi. Though many say it's okay to have bhang that it is safe, but it isn't so. Bhang does have some hallucinogenic, physical as well as psychological effects on the mind and body. Bhang overdose can also lead to Bhang addiction. Yes, you heard it right.
Bhang is addictive and its overdose can cause a number of difficulties and bhang side effects. In order to overcome, you need to get an effective Bhang Side Effects Treatment. But, how will you know whether or not you are addicted to it? Check for these symptoms.
Is bhang addictive?
Yes, bhang is addictive in nature. Excess use of Bhang can cause a number of problems. An effective Bhang Side Effects Treatment can help to overcome it.
Symptoms of Bhang Addiction to see in yourself or a loved one
Several symptoms of bhang addiction may include the following:
- Red or Bloodshot eyes
- A constant mucus-filled cough
- Dry mouth
- Rapid heartbeat
- Poor memory and concentration
- Loss of control
- Poor decision-making skills and coordination.
Bhang can have a number of effects on the body. Below listed are a few of them-
- Change in the perception, due to a small hallucinogenic effect that can create a distorted illusion of space and time
- Change in the mood, leading to feelings of low energy, euphoria, or a state of relaxation
- Higher heart rate
- A reduction in the blood pressure
- Cognitive impairment of memory and concentration
- Reduced psychomotor coordination
- Feeling of nausea
- A increase in appetite
- Sleep issues such as Insomnia
Thinking of trying the bhang for yourself this Holi? One advice: move with caution! Bhang drink is not for the faint of heart. You can try this intoxicating.
Are you looking for Bhang Addiction treatment, call us to book an appointment with our counsellor or mental health professional.
Treatments for Bhang addiction
- Medication for Bhang addiction treatment can play a role in a successful recovery. Medications cannot be used alone though. The most effective substance abuse treatment programs will use drug abuse preventative medication as well as several types of counselling and therapy. Medication can better make treatment more successful when combined with the right types of counselling.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is an effective treatment method that helps the individual to manage their thinking patterns, essentially controlling their negative thought behaviours that may lead to drug abuse.
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET) is often used in Bhang addiction treatment. Usually, a therapist helps the person to tap and improve their motivation to resist the use of drugs.
- Family therapy, In addition to these, recovering individuals benefit from family therapy. Since the family members often serve as a core support system for persons once they exit a rehabilitation centre. It’s important that family people understand the recovery process of individual so that they can serve as the best source of support and help along with substance abuse care provided.
- Group Therapy helps the person with addiction behaviour to learn and share their emotions with other peers who have similar problems.
- Individual therapy is a solution-oriented approach that focuses on helping the person maintain abstinence from drug abuse. Individual counselling is essential for success, and this should be provided several times a week.
- Relapse Prevention- To prevent the individual from relapse after recovery, a set of relapse prevention tools and techniques are provided that can help them fight and prevent from getting back to their addiction habit after a recovery process.
To know more about bhang addiction or have any queries please do send it to email@example.com or visit Cadabam’s Hospitals. You can alternatively call us at our 24/7 helpline number- +91 97414 76476.