Table of Content
When your stress is affecting your physical and mental health, it’s not normal. It demands proper attention and professional intervention. Sadly, the awareness around how long-term stress can have lasting psychological and physiological effects is so low, many people completely overlook this problem. Don’t be one of them! Connect with the experts at Cadabam’s Hospitals. We are one of the leading names with three decades of experience in helping people with stress management. With a multidisciplinary team of specialists, we offer counselling services that can help you and your loved ones effectively manage stress. Contact us today and get the needed help. Call us at +91 97414 76476 or +91 7353226622 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stress is a condition that leads to physical as well as mental tension. It can be also stated as a stimulus to some kind of challenge that you are facing. When a person is stressed, the person can get nervous, frustrated, or even at times angry. Sometimes stress is good when you have a deadline to meet. But if you get stressed even at small incidents or things, this is a matter of concern that you should not ignore.
Stress can happen due to several factors such as a big challenge that you have faced or if you are under some kind of massive pressure. Major factors that cause stress are called stressors and these can be anything such as people, demands, memories, thoughts, or a particular situation. Often such extreme stressful conditions can impact you psychologically as well as physiologically. There are people who may experience a shift in their behavior due to stress that can lead to difficulty in the workplace or even in relationships and their social life. Also, there are some people who may start leading an unhealthy lifestyle due to stress such as the excess amount of binge-eating or substance abuse. This can lead to serious issues such as sudden gain or reduction in weight, regular headaches, fatigue, loss of productivity, and more.
Stress Management Techniques
If you feel that stress is interfering in your life, it gets quite essential to include stress management strategies in your life.
So, what is stress management?
It is a series of actions that you need to perform in order to deal with the stress that you are experiencing. Here are some of the things to do to reduce the symptoms of excessive stress:
- Find out what is bothering you: Try to track your stress to record stressful events, your response to them, and the coping strategies you used. You can download a free stress-tracking app to help you monitor your stress using a smartphone; alternatively, you can use a spreadsheet on your computer/or pencil and paperwork. The vital thing is to keep track of your stress so that you can both learn what is causing it and work towards managing it.
- Question yourself: You may want to take better care of your heart, body and mind OR stay healthy by reducing stress OR just want to enjoy your life... Your reason for wanting to change is necessary. When this reason comes from within and not someone else, then it will be easier for you to make a healthy change for good.
- Set a goal: You have to take time and think about long-term and short-term goals to reduce stress in your life. You have to be proactive about this instead of taking a passive approach.
If you do not learn how to manage stress soon, the symptoms can worsen and this can lead to severe conditions ahead. If such a case arises, there are no other options left out other than getting therapeutic intervention. If you have reached such a situation, the team at Cadabam’s Hospitals can offer you counselling services and other treatments to help you beat your stress.
Ways to Reduce Stress at Work:
Often stress at the workplace happens due to a number of common stressors present. Some of such stressors that one may bump into are:
- Long working hours
- Extreme work pressure
- Favouritism shown by the management
- Conflicts with co-workers
- Job insecurities
If you do not take the necessary steps for stress management, it can impact virtually every aspect of your life. Some of the after-effects that you can face are:
- Lack of motivation,
- Reduced productivity due to lower concentration
- Defensive attitude
- Interpersonal conflicts that can lead to trouble in relationships
- Absent-mindedness leading to accidents.
There are many companies that help the employees in how to manage stress in life. This leads to a happier workforce that’s more productive, creative, and energetic. Also, such employees tend to take fewer sick leaves and a stress-free workplace also leads to a healthy work environment.
Here are few quick stress management techniques or tips for managing stress at the workplace.
- Get support from family and friends. Speak to them.
- Pat yourself on the back for the little effort you put.
- Your doctor/ professional counselor can also provide support.
- Accept those things that you cannot change
- Take a positive outlook on life.
- Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to succeed.
Why Cadabam’s Hospitals?
Cadabam’s Hospital has an experience of more than 28 years in dealing with several mental and psychological conditions such as stress. We have a multispecialty team of experts who conduct one-to-one personal counselling sessions with the patients to help them deal with stress effectively. Usually, first stress management strategies are used for the patients but if these do not work then the expert uses other therapeutic measures too. The experts offer a combination of treatment procedures that can have medication along with options such as regular counselling.
If the stress management techniques don't help and you need additional guidance to address your concern, make an appointment with our professionals by calling them at +91 97414 76476 or +91 7353226622. You can also send us an email at email@example.com.