Table of Content
People with ADHD aren’t lazy or emotional. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, is a medical condition that can come in your way of having a healthier and happier life. This is a serious mental disorder that can impact the day-to-day functioning of an individual until adulthood. Children suffering from ADHD are more prone to long-term negative outcomes such as lower academic and employment attainment. With respect to the social aspect, a child suffering from ADHD can experience severe anxiety, putting a strain on personal relationships.
This is why it is important to treat this mental disorder in a timely manner. ADHD is the most commonly found mental disorder in children. The prevalence of this disorder in children is reported to be between 1.6% and 17.9% in India. Cadabam’s Hospitals is one of the reckoned medical institutes in India that offer quality treatment for ADHD. With a thorough evaluation and personalized care plan, individuals can be treated for this issue and can get back to their normal life.
At Cadabam’s Hospitals, we provide a complete solution to people suffering from ADHD. We offer not only careful diagnosis using psychometric assessments but also offer customized treatment plans for each individual. Our team of psychologists, psychiatrists, and family therapists work together to assess your condition and provide the best treatment. If you or your loved ones are showing attention deficit disorder symptoms, get in touch with the team on-call (+91 97414 76476, +91 7353226622) or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you forgetful?
Do you easily get distracted?
Or do you face difficulty in paying attention and managing time?
If you notice any of these “signs,” you may have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. ADHD is a neurobehavioral disorder that makes it difficult for an individual to pay attention or to control their behavior.
Attention Deficit Disorder Symptoms in Adults
Here are some of the common Attention Deficit Disorder Symptoms:
- Inattentive behavior; lack of focus
- Disorganized speech
- Difficulty giving attention to details
- Have trouble staying on the same topic while speaking
- Restlessness; getting up frequently to walk around
- Impulsive behavior
- Blurting out to speak before someone has finished speaking
- Constantly fidgeting
Symptoms Of ADHD In Children
Children suffering from ADHD tend to experience the following symptoms –
- Lack of attention
- Self-centered behavior
- Emotional turmoil
Different individuals may have different symptoms of ADHD. Also, these signs could also be the cause of other underlying mental health problems. This is why self-diagnosis is always a “No.” You must get diagnosed by a qualified professional who would then also outline a course of treatment for you.
Remember, if you indeed notice these hyper attention deficit disorder symptoms and you get diagnosed with this disorder, IT IS OKAY. You’re not alone. While the worldwide prevalence of ADHD among adults is 2.8 percent, it is about 5 percent among children. (Source) With proper measures and the right help by your side, you can control and manage this condition; you can live a normal, healthy lifestyle.
ADHD Treatment Options
There are various other treatments that are known to be effective in easing attention deficit disorder symptoms in adults and children.
Since ADHD responds well to a group of treatments and strategies, consulting with medical specialists is advisable to find the best treatment that would work for you. ADHD professionals or specialists can better assist you in developing an effective treatment plan.
Following are the effective treatment options that doctors select for both children and adults -
- Behavioral Therapies For ADHD- It focuses on behavioral modifications in children. In this, the therapist helps patients develop positive behavior to deal with the illness. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) assists in managing your behavior and altering negative thinking into positive ones. Behavior therapy involves the reinforcement of desired behaviors through praise and rewards. It also includes setting up consequences and limits. It is a very successful treatment, especially more beneficial when treated with stimulant medications.
- Social Skills Training- People with ADHD often face difficulty in
- Stimulants – These are the most commonly prescribed drugs to treat ADHD. It focuses on decreasing hyperactivity and improving concentration.
- Non-stimulants – Clonidine and Atomoxetine are the two non-stimulant medications for ADHD. Doctors also prescribe antidepressant medications to reduce the symptoms of ADHD.
DIY Steps To Manage ADHD
Managing attention deficit disorder symptoms is necessary to normally perform your day-to-day activities. Here are a few simple tips to help you manage the disorder:
- Build a positive attitude in and around yourself
- Maintain a nutritious and healthy diet
- Perform physical activities; exercises on a regular basis
- Get good sleep of at least 8 hours a day.
- Establish simple rituals for meals, play, and bed
- Try getting therapies or relaxation techniques for stress and anger.
Why Cadabam’s Hospitals?
Cadabam’s Hospitals is one of the most trusted mental health care and psycho-social rehabilitation centers. For more than 30 years, we have impacted lakhs of people, enabling them to live a healthier and more fulfilling life. Our multi-specialty team is made up of highly experienced professionals, including ADHD specialists, who commit to deliver every patient the best treatment and an exceptional experience.
We rely on evidence-based treatment to cater to the unique needs and problems of the patients. If you or your loved ones have ADHD or any other mental health problems, get in touch with Cadabam’s Hospitals today. Call us at +91 97414 76476 and talk to our specialists about the best treatments to manage ADHD.
FAQs About ADHD
Can ADHD be cured?
ADHD is chronic; there is no known cure for it. However, that said, it can be effectively managed to a point that you can live a normal life without noticing or struggling with any ADHD symptoms.
How ADHD is caused?
There is a combination of factors that are suspected to cause ADHD. Genetics is one of the foremost factors. The condition runs in family. If your parent has ADHD, you’re more likely to have it as well; although, the severity of the condition may vary. People with this disorder also have slightly different brain structure than those who don’t, which can be another possible cause. In addition, there are certain groups that are more likely to have ADHD; it includes people who were born prematurely, people with brain damage, and people with epilepsy.
Are ADHD and ADD the same thing?
ADHD and ADD are often used interchangeably. There’s a slight difference between the two. ADD is a type of ADHD, which doesn’t involve hyperactivity or impulsiveness. It is used to describe the inattentive-type of ADHD. That said, ADHD is a more common medical term now, often used by doctors irrespective of hyperactivity symptoms in the patients. The use of the term ADD is obscure and outdated.
Do ADHD meds help?
The effectiveness of ADHD meds depends on various factors. It varies from one individual to another. Also, medications should ideally be used in combination with other treatments to achieve a better outcome. This is why, at Cadabam’s Hospitals, our team relies on holistic improvement of the patient by relying on various treatment measures.
Does ADHD go away with age?
The severity of the condition changes over time as one grows and gets older. However, it doesn’t necessarily “go away”. With time and experience, some people learn to control themselves. So, their hyperactivity does get tamed; their inattentiveness remains a big problem. Earlier, ADHD was considered to be just prevalent among children and teens. But, in reality, millions of adults have ADHD of varying degrees. So, if you (or your kid) has this disorder, don’t wait it out. Seek proper treatment so that you’re properly equipped to manage ADHD as you grow old.
What should parents do if the child has ADHD?
Here’s what parents can do to treat children with ADHD –
- Learn all about ADHD, get to the appointments timely, give the medicines at the right time, and follow the treatment recommended by the doctor.
- ADHD affects each child differently, so gather some tips from the therapist to help your child deal with the situation better.
- Do not try to work on different things simultaneously. Instead, pick one thing and focus on teaching your child that. Make sure that you constantly appreciate the little efforts of your kid.
- Make sure there is a disciplined approach while being warm and encouraging.
How Cadabam's Help you for Addiction?
- 410+ Professional Consultants
- 1,00,00+ Happy Faces
- 120+ Currently Seeking Treatments