Are you easily forgetful, distracted, careless? Or do you face difficulty in paying attention, accomplishing things or even managing your time? If you experience these you may be suffering from the so-called disorder Attention- deficit hyperactivity disorder. ADHD is a neurobehavioral disorder which makes it difficult for an individual to pay attention or to control their behavior. Check out the other checklist of Attention Deficit Disorder Symptoms to know how badly you are dealing with the disorder.
ADHD or Attention Deficit Disorder symptoms to look out for:
Find out if you are having these core attention deficit disorder symptoms because recognizing the signs can help you to get the best help.
- Inattentive behavior
- Disorganized speech
- Lack of focus
- Difficulty giving attention to details
- Have trouble staying on topic while talking
- Get up frequently to walk or run around
- Impulsive and impatient
- Blurt out answers before someone finishes asking you a question
- Constantly fidgets
You may be thinking ADHD can make me you inferior or disabled. But the fact is that there is a help available to aid you to fight this condition. It is advisable you get an accurate diagnosis of the disorder done. Also, note that it is vital you check with a mental health professional and explore the possibilities to get it treated.
ADHD Treatment – Medication is not the only solution
Stimulants and antidepressants may not be the best option and certainly not the only type of treatment.
Since ADHD responds well to a group of treatments and strategies, so consulting with medical specialists is advisable. ADHD professionals or specialists can better assist you in developing an effective treatment plan. Here are few treatments to treat ADHD-
- Behavioral therapies for ADHD– Behavior therapy involves the reinforcement of desired behaviors through praise and rewards. It also includes setting up of consequences and limits. It is a very successful treatment especially more beneficial when treated with stimulant medications.
- Social skills training– People with ADHD often face difficulty with social interactions and struggle with low self-esteem. Hence social skills training helps to build appropriate behaviors them and teaches them how to behave and react more acceptable. This training is led by a therapist.
Managing the attention deficit disorder symptoms is as well necessary for performing day to day activities of life. Here are some few simple tips to help you manage the disorder-
- Build positive attitude in and around yourself
- Maintain a nutritious and healthy diet
- Perform physical activities and exercises on a regular basis
- Get a good sleep
- Establish simple rituals for meals, play, and bed
- Try getting therapies or relaxation techniques for stress and anger
If you feel that you might satisfy some symptoms of ADHD, then you can approach a mental health care professional for formal diagnosis and treatments. It may not cure the condition completely but it can be managed to a greater extent.
Contact Cadabam’s Hospitals or call right away at +91 97414 76476 to talk to our specialists about the best treatments for getting back from ADHD.