Table of Content
A survey conducted by the National Sleep Foundation in 2002 revealed that 35% of the adults complained that they often feel sleeplessness or walk during sleep or wake up frequently at night times. Accordingly, it was also found that 63% of the women experience mood disturbances and low energy at least for few nights every week. Do you know these gestures are nothing but the signs of a big problem called Insomnia? What does Insomnia mean? Most of the people encounter these sleep problems frequently from time to time which rolls into Insomnia.
“Insomnia is a sleep disorder with difficulty in staying asleep or falling asleep even though a person has the possibility to do so.”
The worst thing about insomnia, it is not a cordial problem! Yes, This sleep difficulty increases the risk on the point of death at an elderly age. How do insomniacs feel or what is that which causes Insomnia?
A person suffering from Insomnia starts to feel anxious, panicked or dreaded due to sleeplessness. It continues to occur for many nights. Knowing the causes and the effects of insomnia will help to get the right treatment for your loved one.
Causes of Insomnia
The medical and psychiatric condition of a person like gastrointestinal problems, chronic pain, neurological conditions may be the cause for Insomnia, but do you know apart from these, there are some other sources that contribute to the development of this disorder. Here they are-
- Stress and anxiety- Trauma or stressful events like a serious illness or the death of a loved one can cause insomnia. Also, having stress at the workplace or school or other family issues add to the disorder.
- Poor sleeping practices- These include uneven bedtime schedules, reviving activities before going to bed, uncomfortable sleep environments, etc cause insomnia.
- Clinical Depression- According to the WebMD, it is stated that 80 percent of the people dealing with depression face sleep difficulties as the cause for insomnia. Concerns and worries consistently upset your sleep.
- Drinking and eating habits- When it comes to eating or drinking, some people think that substance abusers can give them sleep. But, the underlying truth is that these can cause insomnia. Though they help you in falling asleep but tend to wake you in the late night leaving you with sleeplessness.
This is how insomnia feeds you and thus tends to become a sequence that needs be managed or rectified with treatment methods. Though Insomnia links to depression, lack of attention, a feeling of hopelessness, the good one is that it is curable!
There do exist cognitive therapies, biofeedback and mind-body techniques to help people suffering from sleep disorders. Along with healthy sleep practices to improve sleep for the people dealing with insomnia.
If you or your loved one is facing trouble with sleeping on a daily basis, it is advisable to analyze your health and act on the underlying sleep disorders or medical cause that could contribute to the sleep problems. Insomnia can make your day to day functioning as well as your life harder. Do not accept it as a process of life! It is a good idea you consult a psychologist or psychiatrist to figure out the problem.
Visit www.cadabamshospitals.com to know about the best therapies and cure for sleep disorders. You can reach us @+919741476476 to speak up with our best psychiatrists and psychologists and get the right support and care for your problems relating to Insomnia and its effects.
How Cadabam's Help you for Addiction?
- 410+ Professional Consultants
- 1,00,00+ Happy Faces
- 120+ Currently Seeking Treatments