Table of Content
Do you take pills to sleep? Or are you confused if sleeping pills are good or bad for your health?
If it is so then here is some information n that you should be aware of sleeping pills if you or your close one in under medication for sleep problems. It is very simple, just take a pill and you will slip into a restful sleep when it is used appropriately. Else it comes with significant risk and side effects that people may not realize.
Warning signs & sleeping pills side effects:
Here are a few warning signs that you should be aware of effects of sleeping pills.
- You increase your tolerance level: In case you take the prescribed pills for quite a long time, your body gradually gets accustomed or adjusted to that drug. And your body may need a higher dosage to get the same inducing sleeping effect, as initial stages.
- Drowsiness: Pills took last night may still have enough drug traces in your body, which might interfere with your mundane activities like getting fresh, grooming, driving.
- Irregular behaviour side effect: Some pills may cause sleepwalking or even amnesia. After waking up you may wonder where you are. And other strange behaviours and changes in the thinking pattern are noted.
- Falling down: These drugs may also affect your body balancing system, which makes the user at a risk of falling down by losing body balance.
- You might get addicted: this is the worst problem. In the course of long-term usage, it becomes difficult to stop immediately.
Alternative solutions or treatments
You can also consider some of the alternative solutions and treatments for your sleep problems, which can improve your quality of sleep. These methods can be combined with other therapies or medication.
the habits that will make you sleep easily and deeply.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule
- Use your bed only for sleeping; avoid eating, working, using a laptop on the bed.
- Avoid caffeinated items like coffee, soft drinks.
Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia(CBT-i)
It is a structured program which helps you to identify and replace behaviours and thoughts that cause harm to your sleep with habits to increase deep sleep. It also helps you to overcome the underlying cause of your sleep problem.
Smelling lavender patch or room scented with lavender, jasmine, rose, sandalwood can increase the quality of sleep.
It is a technique to focus on your breathing and bring your mind to the present and not bothering about your past or future. It gives you relaxation in both your body and mind.
Sleeping pills may provide you with a good night’s sleep temporarily, but in the long-term run, it turns to be a deadly monster. If you want to get off them, please consult your doctor, to gradually reduce the dosage, then quitting automatically.
These pills are good when prescribed by a healthcare professional, and taken at the right time, right dosage, and for the prescribed period of time, but it becomes adversely dangerous when the above conditions are not on track. It is better to use alternative methods to overcome sleep problems than only relying on medications. For the best treatment facilities call us at +91 97414 76476.