Is ADHD genetic?– Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a disorder that holds several root causes. Still, the researchers aren’t able to locate the exact fundamental cause. 90% of the suffers likely to begin in childhood and progress strongly at young adulthood. Since there is no exact cause for this disorder, the expert’s suspects genetic factor.
What Causes ADHD:
The available evidence shows it is genetic and it might run through families too. ‘Dopamine’ a chemical in the brain that is responsible to balance and maintain attention. When the chemical imbalance happens, the brain performs the functional inequalities.
- The chance of getting ADHD is four times higher in genetic.
- 1 of 3 child encounters ADHD by genetic.
- Chance of getting ADHD in identical twins is higher.
- Self- concentrated behaviour
- Trouble in waiting for their turn
- Being too emotional
- Unfinished tasks
The symptoms can be classified into two categories.
- Inattentiveness In children and teens
- Short term attention
- Easily distractible
- Difficulty in performing
- Difficulty organising task
- Hyperactivity and impulsiveness in children and teens
- Fidgeting constantly
- Poor concentration
- Excessive physical movement
- Excessive talking
- No sense of danger
- Anxiety disorderYou may find the child keep worrying and sad all the time. This condition has some physical symptoms like sweating, rapid heartbeat and fainting.
- ODD (oppositional defiant disorder)The child tends to display negative behaviour against the authority figures like parents and teachers.
- Conduct disorderThe individuals tend to involve high risky or anti-social behaviour such as hurting people, stealing and fighting.
- Sleeping problemsThe individual find difficulty in sleeping or irregular sleeping patterns.
The individual might face many problems in the society such as relationship breakup, social isolation, criminal activities and addiction towards drug and alcohol. It becomes hard for the same individual to find a job and stay. So, professional help is essential to overcome the factor. Furthermore, to regain the quality of the life is mandatory which is possible only by treatment and medication. Reach Cadabam’s for the best treatments and evidence-based therapies for ADHD. Call us @ +91 96111 94949.