Table of Content
Mental health and emotional problems aren’t something you should shrug off anymore; not at least if you want to live a better and healthier life. Psychotherapy is helping millions of people around the world and it can help you too. Talk to a mental health professional, discuss with them your problems, and seek their help in finding a fitting solution.
At Cadabam’s Hospitals, we have a multispecialty team of professionals that has used psychotherapy for decades to help countless people with their wide range of problems. Our highly-skilled psychologists and therapists rely on scientifically and clinically-verified psychotherapy to deliver patients the best solution. Connect with us today for psychotherapy and get the needed support. Call us at +91 9741476476 for more information.
Psychotherapy talk therapy has emerged as a popular treatment option to treat mental health problems. It is much more than just a mere conversation between individuals. It focuses on understanding and addressing the problems of the patient/client, and then subsequently changing their behavior to resolve those problems for the desired outcome.
What is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is a two-way interaction wherein the mental health professional and the client work towards resolving any defined mental health problem. It relies on psychological methods to assist the client progressively change their behavior and overcome their problems.
Several studies have shown that talk therapy is effective in helping an individual through their difficulties. With the now widespread awareness around mental health, more people are opting for and benefitting from psychotherapy.
What is Psychotherapy Used for?
Psychotherapy is used to treat a wide range of mental health problems. Among others, it includes:
- Panic disorder
These are some common problems that psychotherapy can help address and resolve. But in general, it also helps with emotional difficulties. For instance, if someone is scared of commitment or socializing or maintaining relationships, psychotherapy can be of great help.
How Does Talk Therapy Work?
- Safe environment: Why would someone opt to talk to a stranger about their most intimate issues? Psychotherapy talk therapy provides you with a safe setting wherein you are allowed to share whatever you want about your issues confidentially. The therapists here do not judge what the individual has to say. The feeling of being judged by the person you are talking to tends to cease in a psychotherapy session; you know that the person in front of you will listen to your issues without any bias and is there to help you.
- Understand the issue: Talking to a therapist helps you understand your issues better. A therapist does not simply sit and listen; they also ask you questions. These questions navigate you to look at the difficulty from different perspectives. To answer the questions as the individual digs in deep, they find a clearer view of their problem and, at times, the cause of that problem.
- Find solutions: An important thing about therapy that must be clear is that therapists do not give any solution, rather they help you find one. Their work here is to help and direct you to find these solutions. They provide tools and tips on how you can cope with your problems in a better and emotionally-balanced way. In a way, in darkness, they provide you the light; you will have to figure which way you want to go.
- Self-discovery: Most of the time, no matter what problem you come with to a therapist, the whole process helps you discover something new about yourself. Some people, on the road to recovery, realize that they are stronger than they originally thought; others discover their source of weakness. Each session helps you learn more about yourself. This high self-awareness becomes a turning point where you’re self-sufficient to find your own path ahead.
Will Therapy Help Me?
Talk therapy may work differently for different individuals but it works with one particular belief... The belief that an individual has the ability to overcome and solve their own issues. Meaning, the mental health problems you’re dealing with, you have what it takes to address and resolve them. You just need the right guidance.
Mental health professionals are your guide here who will assist you throughout this journey. Besides, millions of people around the world rely on talk therapy; there’s a reason why! It works for them. And it can work for you as well. So, get in touch with an expert and opt for psychotherapy talk therapy. You might be surprised by its long-term benefits.
Cadabam’s Hospitals is one of the foremost mental health care centers. On the back of a large multi-specialty team of professionals, we offer an end-to-end solution at one-stop, including psychotherapy. Our psychologists and therapists have helped countless people with their diverse range of mental health professionals. We have an unparalleled track record that spans more than three decades.
Our experts rely on evidence-based treatment with a commitment towards delivering each patient the best experience. So, if you or your loved ones are going through mental health problems or any emotional issues, get in touch with us for talk therapy. Call us at our 24/7 helpline and get connected to an expert: +91 9741476476. You can email us as well for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs About Psychotherapy
Can psychotherapy help anxiety?
Yes, a lot of people with anxiety disorder seek psychotherapy. And they get the outcome they seek. The therapist helps them discover their “triggers” and learn how to effectively deal with their anxiety.
Can psychotherapy cure depression?
A lot of people who seek psychotherapy need help with depression. And they do get the needed relief. However, it’s important to understand that depression is chronic. This means it can’t be cured; it can only be managed and controlled. And this is what psychotherapy talk therapy will help you with. The therapist will help you better manage and control your depression symptoms to a point that you can live a normal and healthy life.
Does psychotherapy work for everyone?
Psychotherapy is very effective. Millions of people rely on it. But can it work for everyone? Not necessarily. The severity or degree of one’s mental health problems varies from others. So, in cases where the person is suffering from a severe condition of, say, depression or bipolar, psychotherapy might not work for them. In such cases, they would be recommended for other courses of treatment that fit their unique needs and requirements. At Cadabam’s Hospitals, we offer a complete range of mental health solutions. So, after evaluating your condition, if our mental health professional feels psychotherapy might not be the right way for you, they would recommend another treatment.
Are psychotherapy and counselling the same?
Both terms are used interchangeably. The difference between psychotherapy and counseling is that the former is usually more long-term and it addresses a wide range of mental health and emotional problems by focusing on one’s psychological history (like psychotherapy for depression); the latter is relatively short-term that typically address the issues one is dealing with at present (like counseling because you’re nervous about an upcoming event where you have to speak).
How long should psychotherapy last?
There’s no definite answer to this. It depends on various factors, including the kind of problem the individual is experiencing, the severity of the problem, their history of psychological issues, and more. For instance, for specific and mild problems, therapy for a couple of months can be adequate. However, if someone is going through, say, extreme gamophobia, they may require therapy for months and years perhaps. The mental health professional you’re approaching, after their evaluation, will be in a much better position to answer how long your psychotherapy can last.
How Cadabam's Help you for Addiction?
- 410+ Professional Consultants
- 1,00,00+ Happy Faces
- 120+ Currently Seeking Treatments