Table of Content
It's normal to experience the occasional bout of anxiety. However, people with anxiety disorders frequently have excessive, intense and persistent fear and worry about everyday situations. Often, anxiety disorders become so severe that it reaches a peak within minutes, a condition called Panic Attacks.
Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety disorder
- Feeling restless, tense and nervous
- Fear of impending danger or panic or doom
- Increased heart rate
- Hyperventilation or rapid breathing
- Feeling weak or tired
- Trouble concentrating or thinking about anything other than the present worry
- Having trouble sleeping
- Experiencing gastrointestinal (GI) problems
- Having difficulty controlling worry
- Having the urge to avoid things that trigger anxiety
How To Manage Anxiety?
In case you have chronic anxiety, then here are a few steps you can take for managing anxiety symptoms.
- Stay active and exercise regularly as it's good for both emotional and physical health.
- Avoid caffeine. Caffeine cause nervousness and jitters which can further induce anxiety.
- Try for proper sound sleep every day.
- Meditate often and practice deep breathing.
- Have a balanced and nutritious diet.
These tips will help you manage your anxiety to a certain level, but if you are troubled with it on a daily basis then you must check with a medical practitioner for anxiety treatment.
Anxiety Disorder: Diagnosis & Treatment
You need to visit your doctor if you are feeling like you are worrying too much and it's hampering your work and your relationships, your worry or fear is upsetting you and is difficult to control or you have suicidal thoughts or behaviours - if this is the case, seek emergency treatment immediately. Here are a few treatment options for anxiety disorders.
Top Treatments to help you know How to Cure Anxiety Disorder
First, let us look at the available treatment options for anxiety disorders:
Psychotherapy approaches to treat Anxiety:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: Among the various psychotherapies available cognitive behavioural therapy or CBT is the most frequently used and recommended. In CBT treatment, the goal is to change the individual’s thought process. An inner negative thought exists within that influences anxiety and its related behaviours, which needs to be changed in order to cure anxiety disorder.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy: Acceptance and commitment therapy or ACT is a newly emerging therapy whose aim is to accept and bring a change. Here the belief is that; trying to control the anxieties will only create an additional issue. So instead of that here they look to accept the anxious thoughts, become aware and mindful of them and then bring a change.
Biofeedback approaches to treat Anxiety:
- Neurofeedback: Neurofeedback is an intervention wherein sensors are attached to the head. These sensors record and process the brain activity and display it on a screen in the form of a game. Here the individual scores only when their brain activity functions in a particular manner following a particular pattern. Neurofeedback helps the individual focus and concentrate which is a difficult task in anxiety especially when an individual is constantly engaged in anxious thoughts. Other biofeedback techniques are also used to help the individual relax and control their thoughts..
Transcranial magnetic stimulation:
This therapeutic intervention uses magnetic fields to induce a small electric current to specific regions of the brain. This is often recommended when psychotherapy and medications do not show expected improvements. Transcranial magnetic stimulation is a safe non-invasive intervention and is administered after looking at the progress of the patient and their physical condition.
Medications For Anxiety Disorder
There are various medications available for anxiety disorders which involve physical symptoms. These medications help in reducing the physical symptoms and help the individual relax. To treat an anxiety disorder, both psychiatrist and psychologist play their own respective parts.
How to cure anxiety disorder with help of Psychiatrists and psychologists
When it comes to the mental health professional in treating anxiety disorders both psychiatrist and psychologist play their own respective parts.
Psychiatrists focus on the biological aspect of the disorder and therefore recommend medications. They help alter the hormonal levels and thus decreasing anxiety symptoms. Psychologists focus on the behavioural aspect and recommend psychotherapy and self-help techniques to reduce the symptoms.
Professionals treat Anxiety disorder from both biological as well as behavioural level. After examining the individual's biological aspects, the physical symptoms are reduced through medication.
Coping with anxiety symptoms is a constant struggle for an ndividual suffering from an anxiety disorder as it requires a lot of effort, determination, and practice. But with a proper and appropriate treatment program, care and a lot of social support it can be cured.
To learn more about overcoming Anxiety and Anxiety Treatment, call us @ +919741476476